Background and context
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to lead Asperitas’ main product development program for our second-generation Immersed Computing System, which is our leading single phase immersion product used in today’s advanced datacenters. The position is focused on managing the complete development of the second-generation products, from design to prototyping to productization and manufacturing. In addition, the position requires a candidate with theoretical and practical background in electrical and/or mechanical engineering, and experience in program management of complex “hardware” development/delivery projects. As the owner of this process, you will lead a team of cross-functional contributors, including third parties, through the product development process while balancing project scope, resources, budget, and schedule.
Role and responsibilities
The primary role of the Program Manager (PM) is to manage all activities within the Gen 2 development program, from design to prototyping, testing, productization and manufacturing. This includes but is not limited to creating and tracking schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets, resource plans, and general planning activities for project deliverables. The PM is responsible for ensuring that the proper elements of the Gen 2 Product Generation (GPG) are known and adhered to across the core team, as well as assessing risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and managing their solutions, and coordinating the various development activities to ensure good
• Creates, tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.
• Ensures that the GPG is communicated and followed within the program’s engineering team.
• Performs reviews on key developments and drives necessary changes into the GPG or other applicable areas.
• Manages the effective usage of the Design Review Process within the program’s engineering team and facilitate necessary approvals.
• Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
• Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
• Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings and other means) to ensure coordination between engineering functional areas and other departments.
• Ensures successful completion of module and system-level testing, compliance/reliability testing, life testing, and any activity required as part of the product’s release into manufacturing.
• Ensures proper documentation is completed for each development activity, and that adequate documentation exists for product manufacturing (test procedures, drawings, BOMs – Build of Material) and product launch.
• Leads engineering and cross-functional team members consisting of individual contributors and managers to create and execute product development schedules. Expedites development process as required to achieve the overall program.
• Establishes technical design path and verifies design paths by planning and facilitating design reviews to gain Engineering and Executive Management approval.
• Responsible for creation of Engineering documentation and specifications from component to product level.
• Provides input and plans for program related budget development and forecasting. Owns budget management.
• Validates product design performance and product design quality/reliability at system level with Product Owner and validates product design performance and product design quality/reliability at module/sub-assy/component level with Responsible Engineers.
• Contributes to the creation of Product Specifications and shares customer Product Specification approval with Marketing and Engineering leads. Supports customer technical communications. Responsible for product documentation release.
• Establishes System Specifications with System Engineer and establishes Modules/Sub-system requirements with Modules/Sub-system leads.
• Creates presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
Education and experience
• Requires a Master Degree in Engineering field (EE, ME preferred) or related technical degree.
• A minimum of six (6) years total development experience leading complex technical hardware projects/activities.
• Program management experience utilizing phase gate or similar product development process guidelines.
• Experience using methods and tools such as Agile and Scrum.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll lead the colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (at least in English).
• Ability to translate, analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
• Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
• Ability to access and plan staffing requirements.
• Ability to lead and manage engineering teams to successfully meet their commitments.
• Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the engineering teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
• Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
• Self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Ability to plan development expenses over a month to month period and track expenses.
• Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
• Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
• Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
• Ability to access and project design cost.
• Understanding of engineering control, control rules, and tools.
• Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
• Strong organization skills.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
|Werklocatie||Amsterdam Zuid Oost|
|Optie tot verlenging||ja|
|Aantal uur per week||40|
|Tarief indicatie||€ 98,00|
|CV NL of EN||Engels of Nederlandse CB|
|Sluitingsdatum||30 mei 2022|